WHAT IS BRAIN XP?
Brain XP is a community created by Christine Marie Frey (ME!). I am a teenager battling mental health challenges, and I am dedicated to ending the stigma toward other teenagers who suffer from mental health issues. “Brain XP” education is the use of social media, videos, music, & public speaking that reaches out to teenagers to show them they are not crazy nor alone, but rather their brains are EXPANDED and special. (HINT: Brain XP stands for Brain EXPANDED!) Brain XP changes the LANGUAGE of mental health by emphasizing the expanded creative, insightful & intuitive functions of the brain for those with mental health challenges, especially teenagers! I’ve experienced the stigma, and I’ve been hurt by it far too many times. Quite frankly, I am tired of it. This is our chance to impact others with passion and positivity. The Brain XP Community is all inclusive, and I am honored to invite you into it. Whether you are diagnosed with a mental health challenge or you are simply a struggling teen, I understand you. Together, we will make it through our difficulties. Together we will make a huge difference. It all starts right here. Join me on this journey of hope and change. As always, I will leave you with these words: Welcome to the BRAIN XP Community. I hope you feel at home. :)
WHAT DOES BRAIN XP OFFER?
Brain XP is a FREE educational service that teaches hands-on practices to immediately improve lives of teenagers facing mental health challenges or simply struggling with the challenges that come with being a teen. It is unique as it offers this education from the lived experience of a real-life teenager (ME!) who is also going through it.
1. Live Presentations: Brain XP - Changing the Language of Mental Health Presentation takes attendees on a journey through mental health challenges from the eyes of a young teenager just having experienced it and overcoming the daily stigma faced on school campuses from both administration, fellow students & parents. The journey results in a new & unique method of surviving the daily trials of being a teenager in today's world. I will explain Brain XP's System of H.O.P.E. to show youth & adults how to relate to teens and understand them better.
2. "Christine's Frequency" - My Blog speaks directly to teenagers and offers information on specific challenges teenagers struggle with at school & home.
3. My (Christine XP's) Social Media offers motivational messages & music specifically geared to teenagers to encourage positive self empowerment. Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook provides immediate feedback and a sense of connection teenagers crave. Today's young people are starving for authentic people like themselves to connect with.
4. Brain XP...Living with Mental Illness, A Young Teenager's Perspective is my autobiographical journey. Brain XP is the 1st Book that offers a real life teenager's perspective who lives with anxiety, depression and bipolar disorder on how to help other teenagers in similar circumstances. In addition, I recorded Brain XP - The Soundtrack to accompany my book as a musical expression of my experiences detailed in the book - music is the #1 coping skills for most teens.
5. I’m sure you have discovered the fifth offering because you are already here! Brain XP's website offers information for teens & parents and helpful resources to connect locally...including a Teen Toolbox of Coping Skills.